Join the BSA, the only botanical society turning up the volume on the botanical sciences and serving the diversity in our profession.
- Connect and engage, foster collaborations, chart your career path with botanists/plant scientists and educators around the world
- Obtain online access to the latest botanical research including the American Journal of Botany, Applications in Plant Sciences, Plant Science Bulletin and the archival content of nearly 100 years of scientific research
- Advance your career by publishing the American Journal of Botany, the multi-disciplinary leader in botanical research and commentary
- Rapid turnaround from submission to publication
- Broad readership and diversity of plant science coverage, from molecular to ecosystem
- no page charges for members
- reduced open access fees
- Save on Open Access fees with member discounts when publishing in the open access journal, Applications in Plant Sciences
- Access to our online video library
- Greatly reduced rates for our our annual scientific conference where you may present your work
- Stay current with Membership Matters, a monthly e-newsletter providing breaking news about trending topics, research, job openings and happenings in the field
- Access to over $100,000 in Botanical Society of America awards and grants that support members at every stage of their career (student, early career, professional accomplishments)
- Enrich your life and the lives of students worldwide through online mentoring in our award-winning PlantingScience program
- Professional Development Opportunities (serve on a committee, run for office, write and review manuscripts, educational outreach and mentorship with middle and high schools)
- National & international recognition for your work
- Enrich your network with new contacts and insights gained through our diverse membership and
- Opportunity for sectional affiliation in your specialty areas
- Participate in a dynamic and professional international scientific community striving to make a difference
OUR MEMBERS SPEAK
"As a botanist in a small university, BSA is the ONLY plant-related society that is broad enough for my teaching responsibilities. I appreciate the variety of research topics."
"I have the utmost admiration for what the BSA is trying to achieve. I cannot speak highly enough of its efforts in communication, providing inspiration to a wide range of people and interests in botany, including getting more school students interested in plants, and providing a FANTASTIC resource for professional botanists like me."
"I appreciate the eclectic coverage from cells to whole organisms to ecosystems."