Join the BSA, the only botanical society turning up the volume on the botanical sciences and serving the diversity in our profession.
BSA Journal Benefits
Connect and Engage
Foster collaborations and chart your career path with botanists/plant scientists and educators around the world
- Greatly reduced rates to the 2020 Botany Conference in Anchorage, Alaska July 18-22, 2020, where you can present your work, meet and collaborate with over 1,000 plant scientists from over 35 countries and receive national & international recognition for your work
- Professional development opportunities (serve on a committee, run for office, write and review manuscripts)
- Enrich your life and the lives of students worldwide through online mentoring in our award-winning PlantingScience program
- Enrich your network with new contacts and insights gained through our diverse membership and access to the Member Directory
- Sectional affiliation in your specialty areas
Other Membership Benefits
- Stay current with the monthly e-newsletter, Membership Matters, providing breaking news about trending topics, research, job openings and happenings in the field
- Access to over $125,000 in Botanical Society of America awards and grants that support members at every stage of their career (student, early career, professional accomplishments)
- Access to our online video collection
|OUR MEMBERS SPEAK
"As a botanist in a small university, BSA is the ONLY plant-related society that is broad enough for my teaching responsibilities. I appreciate the variety of research topics."
"I have the utmost admiration for what the BSA is trying to achieve. I cannot speak highly enough of its efforts in communication, providing inspiration to a wide range of people and interests in botany, including getting more school students interested in plants, and providing a FANTASTIC resource for professional botanists like me."
"I appreciate the eclectic coverage from cells to whole organisms to ecosystems."