TRIARCH "Botanical Images" Student Travel Award
Established by Dr. Paul Conant, and supported by TRIARCH INCORPORATED, this award provides acknowledgement and travel support to BSA meetings for outstanding student work in the area of creating botanical digital images.
Call For Images
January 1 - April 10, 2019
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT PROPOSAL
You will login using your Botany ID and password. Use the NEW TRIARCH SUBMISSION link on the landing page.
The Botanical Society of America is pleased to open the Triarch “Botanical Images” Student Travel Awards for 2019. Three awards are available to undergraduate and graduate students registered for, and attending, the Botany 2019 Conference to be held in Tucson, Arizona July 27-31, 2019.
TRIARCH INCORPORATED provides 3 travel awards each year for attendance at the Botany Conference. Awards will be given for the top three botanical images ($500, $300 and $200) as judged by the 2019 Triarch Image Panel. Although the presentation of a paper/poster at Botany 2019 is not a requirement, students who are presenting will be given the highest priority. View past submissions. Images and associated metadata must be provided by APRIL 10, 2019.
The Triarch “Botanical Images” awards are given for the outstanding botanical images, provided by a student member of the Botanical Society of America. Submissions are limited to "FOUR-per-person." Images must be accompanied by a well written explanation outlining the significance of the image to botany in language understandable to non-professionals.
Submissions must include (via the online form):
- A brief paragraph explaining the image to a non-professional audience using, and explaining, botanical terms.
- Metadata fields
- Name(s) of creator(s), including institutional information, address, one phone number and one contact email;
- Image title, botanical discipline represented;
- Botanical name(s), common name(s), when the image was taken, where it was taken (longitude/latitude if available and appropriate);
- Links to online publication (i.e. if used in the AJB). If published elsewhere, we will need proof of copyright permission.
- File must be a .JPG within the size range minimum 1MB - maximum 15MB and must be an image created by you or as part of a team/lab you are working with.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT PROPOSAL by APRIL 10, 2019.
2015 Award Recipients - (view all 2015 submissions)
2014 Award Recipients - (view all 2014 submissions)
2013 Award Recipients - (view all submissions)
2012 Award Recipients - (view all submissions)
2011 Award Recipients - (view all submissions)
2010 Award Recipients - (view all submissions)
2009 Award Recipients - (view all submissions)
2008 Award Recipients - (view all submissions)
2007 Award Recipients - (view all submissions)
2006 Award Recipients - (view all submissions)